- Category A - MANDATORY: Minimum annual requirement – 15 hours per year
- Category B - OPTIONAL: One hour of CPD = 1 point. Maximum annual allowance – 10 points
The annual requirement of 20 CPD hours may all be accrued from category A if preferred as Category B is optional.
A minimum requirement of 15 hours per year via:
- Attendance at person-to-person courses, workshops, seminars and conferences.
- Participation in online facilitated courses. the presence and contribution of an online facilitator is requied, providing a component of synchronous or asynchronous online learning. an example of online facilitated learning is an online course that includes facilitated online discussions or has course components that are assessed.
A maximum allowance of 5 hours per year via:
- Participation in peer learning groups.
- Imparting knowledge relating to counselling and psychotherapy through formal presentations, teaching, research and publications.
- Participation in supervision above the annual renewal requirement.
- Participation in online non-facilitated learning.
- Reading and taling notes on psychotherapy and counselling journals and books (to be logged in a reflective journal). Peer learning groups are groups of peers who meet to discuss and explore counselling and psychotherapy topics or resources, without a formal facilitator. Online non-facilitated learning takes place in an online learning environment without the presence and contribution of online facilitators. For example, recorded webinars. A reﬂective journal is a written record, that reflects on the learning activity undertaThe 20 hours of CPD must be accrued in the 12 months prior to membership renewal i.e. between 1 July and 30 June in the previous 12 months. The CPD requirements for a registration period of less than 12 months can be taken pro rata in the first year of membership. Pro rata CPD will be calculated on a monthly basis, for example, for 6 months of registration, the requirements will be halved to 10 hours.
A suggested format for a reflective journal is given below:
CONTENT FOR CPD ACTIVITIES
CPD activities must be directly relevant to clinical practice in counselling and psychotherapy and/ or the research evidence base for counselling and psychotherapy.
CPD relating to other fields of practice besides counselling and psychotherapy are not accepted. Training in mindfulness or meditation (for example) is accepted only where the training is directly applicable to the therapeutic use of these skills in the context of counselling and psychotherapy practice. Ongoing attendance in mindfulness or meditation (for example) is not accepted. Training in natural or complementary therapies such as naturopathy, nutrition, massage therapy, Reiki and other similar therapies is not accepted. Training in theology or wellness practices unrelated to counselling and psychotherapy, such as yoga, is not accepted.
REFLECTIVE JOURNAL Continuing Professional Development Your Name: Reporting Period: Activity Name: Activity Description: Reflection (suggested 150 words): Signed: Dated:
CONTENT FOR CPD ACTIVITIES
CPD activities must be directly relevant to clinical practice in counselling and psychotherapy and/ or the research evidence base for counselling and psychotherapy.ken and how it relates to and enhances professional practice