- Category A - MANDATORY: One hour of CPD = 2 points. Minimum annual requirement – 30 points
- Category B - OPTIONAL: One hour of CPD = 1 point. Maximum annual allowance – 10 points
- Category C - OPTIONAL: One hour of CPD = 1 point. Maximum annual allowance – 5 points
The annual requirement of 40 CPD points may all be accrued from category A if preferred as Categories B and C are optional.
A minimum requirement of 30 points per year via:
- Person-to-person courses, workshops, seminars and conferences.
- Participation in online facilitated courses
- At least 10 points must be person-to-person activities. The remaining 20 points may be accumulated from person-to-person OR participation in online facilitated CPD.
A maximum allowance of 10 points per year via:
- Participation in facilitated learning groups.
- Imparting knowledge relating to counselling and psychotherapy through formal presentations, teaching, research and publications.
- Supervision participation above the annual renewal requirement
A maximum allowance of 5 points per year via:
- Contributing to the counselling and psychotherapy profession through involvement in the CCAA State Association committees that supports the development of the professional identity of counselling and psychotherapy in the wider community.
- Self directed learning, logged in a reflective journal, including:
- Reading and taking notes of psychotherapy and counselling journals and books;
- Participation in online non-facilitated courses
- Participation in peer learning groups.